Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Jesus: Man of God, or A Man of Miracles?

What are the limits of the mind? Considering all things, is it possible to say that the mind has no limits? I mean, from birth we are immediately taught limitation. If one never knew any boundries, would it be possible that they could do anything? Having been taught limitation, is it possible to get past that and have complete control of you mind? I would like to think so, but saying that is a lot easier than doing it.

When I say control of the mind, I mean more in the aspect of psychic abilities, teleconesis, telepathy, things of that nature. I don't exactly think it's impossible to move something from here to there by thinking it. I think people really do have preminissions. And I would argue that it's possible to read another persons mind. I myself have experienced an acute sense of peoples emotion just by being in the same room as them. I don't need to see their face, only feel the energy around them. I noticed that at a young age. It's not comaprable to some of these other things, but I don think it can be honed. Honing these skills, however, does not prove to be an easy task.

Every time you turn the television or radio you are insantly taking in unecessary information. The job most of us have, and hate, drains us mentally to the point that honing anything is out of the question. I have thought many times about leaving society so that I could escape the daily requirements of it all. I don't know if I could ever actually do it, but it makes for a good day dream. And, if I had to live in seclusion from the world, would it even be woth it? I guess not. If you could learn mastery of your mind that way it wouldn't be right to keep that to yourself.

I am not a very disciplined individual, it takes a lot for me to accomplish anything. I am just now beginning to see the limitations I have put on myself, let alone those that go with just being human. Meditation is really not that easy for me. I am a very analytical person by nature, and have a hard time quieting my mind. I work better when there is someone guiding me in the meditation, giving me something to distract that loud and abnoxious voice. You know, the one that tells you the exact opposite or "reality"?

I once read that we only use about ten percent of our brain. Could you imagine what we could do if we utilized the other 90 percent? I'll tell you what, I would sure like to find out. Though, we may have already seen it in a man they call Jesus. That's some food for thought. If anyone out there stumbles upon any of my writings, please leave a comment. Even if you think I'm nuts or completely disagree with me. You may open my mind to something I never thought of. That's the key to a spiritual life. Believe nothing, learn everything, and accept all. The moment I firmly believe something, is the moment I have shut myself off to other possiblities. Anyway.......I'm starting to ramble. I thank the so few of you for your time.

1 Comments:

Blogger APoY said...

I'm really, really getting to love your musings (can you tell?).

I abSOULutely aggree with what you said about the 10%, and that Jesus (or as I like to call him, "He's-Us") most probably used the whole 100% of not only his brain, but he also used 100% of his Heart.

When one is an expression of pure Unconditional Love is when I believe the WHOLE Heart is being used - as it's acting more as a portal for YOUniversALL (Higher) Energy, than just loving with conditions (itself a by-product of fear, and the result of a belief in lack etc.)

Anyway, keep writing. Truly enLIGHTening stuff. Namaste.

ONE in an infinity of ways : We Are/I AM.

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home